- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Oregon
- Licensed Certified Art Therapist (LCAT) in Oregon
- Board-Certified Art Therapist (ATR-BC) nationally
- M.A. in Art Therapy Counseling, Marylhurst University, 2015-2018
- Trained in drawing, painting, pottery, sculpture, mixed media, textile art, print-making, and more!
- Specialized training in eating disorders, attachment theory, interpersonal neurobiology, and trauma therapy treatment.
I became an art therapist because I am passionate about helping people discover more about themselves through the creative art process. From a young age, I always found so much joy making things with my hands and getting absorbed into a flow state of inspiration and creativity. I developed a strong curiosity about people and the world around me. This curiosity led me into the field of psychology, where I studied the healing power of social connections. I was driven to build my skills in psychology, while not losing my love of art, which led me into the field of art therapy. It feels like a dream come true to get to combine all my passions into one career where I can help others.
During my leisure time, I enjoy traveling to the coast, making my own art (pottery is my favorite!), reading a good book, paddle-boarding, or exploring Oregon's many landscapes with my wife and three-legged dog, Finn. Through my own therapy experiences, I've learned that rest is productive, so I enjoy pausing to meditate and mindfully enjoying the present moment. I'm happiest when I'm cuddled up next to a warm fire on a rainy day with my watercolor paints and a warm beverage. I seek to create this warm, cozy feeling through the cultivation of my therapeutic space at the Art Therapy Nook.