I grew up in Colorado, spending my time in nature and exploring the gorgeous landscapes my home state has to offer. From a young age, I always found so much joy in making things with my hands, and getting absorbed into a flow state of creativity. I had a deep curiosity to learn and discover things about myself and the world around me. I've always enjoyed school because it gave me the opportunity to build my art skills, while also going on a quest for more knowledge in history, science, english, and math. A high school counselor told me about art therapy, and it felt like a gift to know I could combine all the things I loved learning about into one career. My graduate program in art therapy counseling motivated the move out to Oregon, and this beautiful state now feels like home. During my leisure time, you'll find me traveling to the coast, making my own art, tending to my plants, reading a good book, paddle-boarding, or spending quality time with my wife, my three-legged dog, Finn, and my closest friends. I'm happiest when I'm cuddled up next to a warm fire on a rainy day with my watercolor paints and a warm beverage.
- M.A. in Art Therapy Counseling from Marylhurst University, 2015-2018
- Trained in drawing, painting, pottery, sculpture, mixed media, and more!
- Specialized training in eating disorders, attachment theory, interpersonal neurobiology, and trauma treatment.
- Jan. 2023, "Dating When You Have an Eating Disorder: What You Need to Know," interview for ClubMental, written by Emily Laurence
- July 2020, "Prosocial Behaviours in a Creative Arts Day Camp for Children With and Without Special Needs: A Mixed-Methods Study," published in the Canadian Journal of Counselling & Psychotherapy (Vol. 54, No. 3), co-authored with Dr. Laura Beer and Dr. Mary Andrus
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Oregon, #C5953
- Licensed Certified Art Therapist (LCAT) in Oregon, #10209317
- Board-Certified Art Therapist (ATR-BC) nationally, #20-017